Government Advice

Looking for Childcare – A SureStart Guide

Contact: Dfes Publications, PO Box 5050, Annesley, Nottingham NG15 0DL
Telephone: 0845 60 222 60
Quote reference: SESC06-17

Parents Centre

Parents Centre is for all parents and carers who want to help their child or children to learn. It is here to offer support, information nad advice about your child’s learning and the English education system.

Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED)

For serious complaints and/or concerns about registered childcare providers. Contact: Alexandra House, 33 Kingsway, London, WC2B6SE.
Helpline: 0845 640 4040


A-Z of central government. Lots of information on parental employment rights and benefits.

Childcare Careers

Information, advice and case studies on careers on childcare.

Parental Involvement

Information on all aspects of parental involvement can be found on this site.

Child Benefit Enquiry Line

Telephone: 0845 302 1444

Jobcentre Plus

Disability Benefits Helpline

Telephone: 08457 123 456

Tax Credits Helpline

You might be able to get help with paying for childcare. Information on Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.
Telephone: 0845 300 3900

Department of Trade and Industry

A range of guidance on parental rights is available.