LSA Posts starting Autumn Term 2023
We are looking to appoint skilled and able Learning Support Assistants to support individual children and small groups and classes for one year. Do you have the skills, knowledge and attitude that we are looking for?
We have 3 posts available. All have the same basic Job Description and Person Specification.
Post 1- Supporting EYFS and Year 1 for 30 hours per week, term time only plus teacher days. (Maternity Cover) The post will start at the beginning of the autumn term and there will be some overlap with the current post holder.
Post 2- Supporting in a mixed year 3/4 class. 30 hours per week. Fixed term for 1 year.
Post 3- Supporting in a mixed year 3/ 4 class. 10 hours per week. Mornings of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Be numerate and literate with level 2 qualifications in Maths and English
- Have a Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification at level 2 or equivalent
- Be friendly and positive
- Work hard and want to develop your skills
- Work well as part of a team whilst being able to use your initiative and work independently
- Know how crucial quality support is for children and be prepared to give them the very best
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Well-behaved, respectful and polite children
- A pleasant working environment
- Supportive parents, governors and community
- Fixed term post
- Grade 5 (£21192 Pro rata : circa- £14963 for 30 hours; circa £5,136 for 10 hours)
- Local Government terms and conditions and pension scheme
If you are interested in the post please apply by competing and returning the application form with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work with us. Please indicate which post/posts you are applying for. Only one application form per candidate is necessary. Details and Application Form can be found at www.thurlaston.leics.sch.uk/vacancies
Closing date –. Thursday 15th June 2023
Interviews – Week Beginning 19th June 2023 (If you have not been contacted by 23rd June please assume you have been unsuccessful.)