The School was first established in 1833 by the Rector of Thurlaston. In 1853 the building was erected at a cost of £1000. This was built for 70 pupils of both sexes. In 1855 the infant school was added and 100 pupils were receiving free education. The Trust Deed which is lodged at Church House, Leicester is dated 19th April 1853.
Further additions have been made to the buildings over the years. Now the school is a voluntary aided Church of England School supported by both the Local Authority and the Diocese of Leicester.
Visits to the school are welcome.