We believe that the school uniform at Thurlaston School gives the children a sense of belonging and helps to develop self-discipline. We encourage them to be clean and smart at all times.
It is important that all clothing and personal possessions should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
The uniform consists of:
- Pale blue shirt or blouse and school tie
- Navy blue sweatshirt, v-neck jumper or cardigan
- School sweatshirt preferable
- Knee length or short socks in navy, white (girls) or grey (boys) or tights in the same colours
- Boys wear grey shorts or trousers and girls wear navy blue skirt or pinafore dress
- Girls may wear smart, tailored, navy trousers (not cord, jeans or leggings, etc)
- Shoes should be black
- Boots, sandals or trainers are not permitted
- Children in Year R/1/2 may wear a polo shirt without a tie.
During the summer term, when the weather is warmer, girls may wear light dresses in pale blue or pale blue and white. Boys may wear casual short sleeved shirts in pale blue.
- Navy blue or black shorts, white t-shirts and plimsolls should be worn.
- Plain, black trainers may be worn for outdoor PE only.
- Navy or Black joggers may also be worn for outdoor PE only.
It would be helpful if the PE Kit could be left at school during the week. This should be kept in a small drawstring bag with the child’s name clearly marked.
Various items of uniform are available from the PTA. They are good quality, have the school logo and wash well. Please visit the office for more details. Ties are available directly from the school office.
All jewellery is unnecessary for children in a school environment.
Earrings are not encouraged in school as they present a health and safety risk. Earrings should not be worn. However, if they are worn only small stud earrings should be worn. The children will need to be able to remove them for PE lessons. They may be taped up for PE lessons if they cannot be removed. School takes no responsibility for loss of earrings or other personal possessions.
Jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets and charity bands are not permitted in school. Items of a religious nature which are essential for the fulfilment of the religion are permitted but must be removed for PE or covered to prevent a health and safety risk.